How the travelling fellowship was established
AICC RCOG southern zone established launched the AICC RCOG SZ Travelling Fellowship for junior members of the RCOG in south India in 2015. This was possible from the trust that was formed from the share the zone received after the RCOG World Congress 2014 held in Hyderabad. The fellowship was conceived and first executed by Dr Jaishree Gajaraj.
Applicants, who should be members of the college from the 4 southern states, can apply for the fellowship, as an observer in a subspecialty of their choice in designated centers for two weeks. The sub specialities where the travelling fellowship is avaibale are- Fetal medicine, Urogynecology, Reproductive Medicine, Infertility, Gynaec Oncology or Endoscopy Upto a maximum of 3 candidates per year will be awarded in separate specialities per year.
1. Dr. Rekha Kurian
- Joseph Nursing Home, Chennai
1. Dr. Suresh
- Mediscan systems, Chennai
2. Dr. Prathima Radhakrishnan
- Bangalore Fetal Medical Centre, Bangalore
1. Dr. Abraham Peedicayil
- CMC Hospital, Vellore
HIGH RISH OBSTETRICS
1. Dr.Lata Venkatraman
- Rangadore Memorial Hospital, Bangalore
2. Dr. Evita Fernandez
- Fernandez Hospital, Hyderabad
1. Dr. S.Vani
- Jananam Fertility Centre, Chennai
2. Dr. Sheila Balakrishnan
- S.A.T Hospital, Trivandrum
1. Dr. Tamilselvi
- Madras Medical Mission, Chennai
1. Dr. V.P. Paily
- Rajagiri Hospital, Ernakulam
|2017-2018 ||Dr. Saritha ||Chennai ||Dr. Rekha Kurian ||Chennai
|2017-2018 ||Dr. Shipra Sonkusare ||Mangalore ||Dr. Abraham ||Vellore
|2017-2018 ||Dr.Shahana Mattara Abdu ||Thrissur ||Dr. Evita Fernandez ||Hyderabad
|2016-2017 ||Dr. Karpagamabl Sairam ||Chennai ||Dr. Rekha Kurian ||Chennai
|2016-2017 ||D. Resmy C.R ||Thrissur ||Dr. Abraham ||Vellore
|2015-2016 ||Dr. Priyanka Mehta ||Chennai ||Dr. Rekha Kurian ||Chennai
|2015-2016 ||Dr. Akshatha Kulkarani ||Bangalore ||Dr. V.P. Paily ||Thrissur
|2015-2016 ||Dr. Lalitha N ||Coimbatore ||Dr. Suresh ||Chennai
1. Have obtained the MRCOG degree
2. Candidate should have obtained MRCOG less than 7 years of the application
3. Should be a member of good standing
4. Should not have any pending dues to RCOG or AICC RCOG
5. Should not have any disciplinary/criminal proceedings pending against him/her
6. Age should be <= 45 years.
The applicant should send an application to the Zonal Chair and Representative Committee to firstname.lastname@example.org
This should reach the Zonal Chair, no later than 30 March 2019
Application should contain
1. Detailed CV with publications, if any
2. Letters from two Referees, who should be from the place the candidate is currently working /last job held (within 3 years of date of application)
3. Details of training in subspecialty in India if available
4. Brief write up of where they would like to go and why
All applications will be reviewed by a committee constituted for this purpose by the SZ RCOG Rep Comm Short listed candidates will be interviewed prior to selection.
Travel and Accmmodation
A travel grant of up to a maximum of Rs 50,000/- will be awarded towards travel and accommodation, on producing receipts.
The grant needs to be utilised within one year of being awarded.
Completion of Training
On completion of training the candidate will be required to
1. Send a report to the Zonal Chair
2. The candidate should make a presentation at the next Zonal meeting if required
He / she will be considered for being a speaker in the next Zonal Conference.
Application for consideration of AICC RCOG SZ Travelling Fellowship